3 Dec 2013

Grooming a tree


I LOVE climbing things...Trees, buildings, mountains! This is a job I did this week for a regular client who has a tree in his yard that needed thinning out. Problem is this tree is full of thorns! I used a ladder to get a safety line into the crown of the tree,  then got into the tree using a hand saw to clean the centre. Later I used a pole chainsaw to reach the outer branches from inside the tree. Then I chipped all the cut wood into bags and removed it from the site. I did not want to spoil the look of the tree just thin it out some...Before and after shows the thinner tree but the same character.




As part of the shared skills deal I have with a friend Dave, he designed the signage for my truck and I helped him with a couple of problem trees at his place. Here is the link to his blog where you can see me in removing a difficult dead tree...
...Dave is a great artist and graphic designer and an intrepid gardener too, check out his blog its a quality read!

No comments:

Post a Comment